Apply for the Chartered Marketer (CM) designation through the Executive Advanced Standing path designed for senior marketers with considerable marketing and leadership experience.
- Member of the Canadian Marketing Association.
- Ability to demonstrate marketing experience in various domains, by industry type and in leadership roles that align with the Chartered Marketer program’s standards.
- 10 years of marketing experience at an executive level responsible for decision-making and people leadership.
- Currently working in Canada with a minimum of 3 years of Canadian experience prior to application.
The following documents are required to support your application. Please ensure you complete and are prepared to upload when prompted during the application process.
- Download and complete the CM Executive Advanced Standing Scorecard
- Prepare a detailed resume that supports the information you provide in the CM Scorecard.
- Acquire reference letters from the two business associates identified in your CM Executive Advanced Standing Scorecard. These individuals should confirm knowing you for a minimum of two years and attest to your marketing and leadership experience.Please note that acceptable references include senior level colleagues or peers currently working in or retired from the marketing profession. You may also include client references in the Marketing Expertise section. Download and send each individual the appropriate reference letter template for Marketing Expertise and Marketing Leadership for them to complete and send directly to the CMA. Letters must be submitted using the templates provided in order to be accepted.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to register, complete, and pass an Compliance for Marketers course with a grade of at least 75%. The cost of the course is included in your application fee. It will take approximately 1-2 hours to complete the course. Register with your MyCMA account and complete within 2 weeks. Login details to access the course will be emailed to you.
Ready to Apply?
Sign in to MyCMA account to begin your Chartered Marketer Executive Advanced Standing application.
The non-refundable application fee for CMA members is $995.00 plus tax.
Once CMA has received your resume, scorecard, reference letters and notification that you have passed the Ethics course, your application will be reviewed to ensure all eligibility requirements have been met.
Applications are reviewed monthly and you will be informed by email when your application enters the review stage and when a decision is reached.
If your application is approved, you will receive your CM designation as well as an outline of steps needed to maintain your designation and fulfill the annual requirements.
If your application is not approved, you will be informed by email and be provided with feedback on what steps you can take to be eligible for the designation in the future.
Your first reapplication is included under your previous submitted application fee. Applications in addition to this, or after the one-year mark will go through the full application process and require payment of the full application fee.
For additional information and answers to your questions please contact us.