Prep Course & Entrance Exam
The Chartered Marketer Prep course is the mandatory first step to participation in CMA’s two-year Chartered Marketer program. The Prep course is a self-directed, move-at-your-own-pace course adapted from McGraw-Hill’s 2018, “Marketing” textbook.
The course uses an electronic version of the textbook, with videos, interactive exercises, current case studies and examples to give learners a comprehensive overview of marketing today. This will place learners on equal footing as they move into the interactive, collaborative CM program.
Applied Marketing Core 1
• Understanding the Customer (Insights, Data Science, Research)
• Strategic Thinking for Marketers (Opportunity Sizing, Value Proposition Development, Market Planning)
• Brand Strategy (Perception, Values, Voice & Positioning)
Applied Marketing Core 2
• Financial Management for Marketers (P&L, Margin Management, Pricing)
• Measurement & Analytics (KPIs, Metrics in Digital & Traditional)
• Effective Campaign Development
Applied Marketing Core 3
• Communications Planning (Messaging Hierarchies, User Experience, Formats)
• Building Integrated Campaigns (Media & Content, Channel Selection, Optimization, Automation)
• Marketing Technologies & Emerging Trends
Specialization Electives courses will be comprehensive, deep-dive into a specific topic. The content of these courses will be informed by a team of practicing marketers and CMA’s thought-leadership Councils.
Please note: not all elective courses will be available each semester. Please check the Program Dates tab for availability
Initial Electives will align with all CMA Councils:
• Customer Experience
• Not for Profit
The Summit Course is in the build-phase. More information will be updated on the website as it becomes available.
• Individual Assignment
• Group Assignment