Prep Course & Entrance Exam
The Chartered Marketer Prep course is the mandatory first step to participation in CMA’s two-year Chartered Marketer program. The Prep course is a self-directed, move-at-your-own-pace course adapted from McGraw-Hill’s 2018, “Marketing” textbook.
The course uses an electronic version of the textbook, with videos, interactive exercises, current case studies and examples to give learners a comprehensive overview of marketing today. This will place learners on equal footing as they move into the interactive, collaborative CM program.
Applied Marketing Core 1
• Understanding the Customer (Insights, Data Science, Research)
• Strategic Thinking for Marketers (Opportunity Sizing, Value Proposition Development, Market Planning)
• Brand Strategy (Perception, Values, Voice & Positioning)
Applied Marketing Core 2
• Financial Management for Marketers (P&L, Margin Management, Pricing)
• Measurement & Analytics (KPIs, Metrics in Digital & Traditional)
• Effective Campaign Development
Applied Marketing Core 3
• Communications Planning (Messaging Hierarchies, User Experience, Formats)
• Building Integrated Campaigns (Media & Content, Channel Selection, Optimization, Automation)
• Marketing Technologies & Emerging Trends
Specialization Electives courses will be comprehensive, deep-dive into a specific topic. The content of these courses will be informed by a team of practicing marketers and CMA’s thought-leadership Councils.
Please note: not all elective courses will be available each semester. Please check the Program Dates tab for availability
Initial Electives will align with all CMA Councils:
• Customer Experience
• Not for Profit
• Media – launching April 2020
• Brand – launching January 2020
The Summit Course is in the build-phase. More information will be updated on the website as it becomes available.
• Individual Assignment
• Group Assignment
PREP COURSE FAQ
Yes, the prep course exam is offered online.
Yes, the prep course is offered online and so is the final exam.
Coordinator, Chartered Marketer Program
Course Content Questions
Director, Curriculum Development
No, learners do not need to purchase a textbook.
The course is 6 modules in total, which can be completed at the learner’s own pace. The course will take a learner approximately is 4-6 hours to complete each module including the quizzes.
Once enrolled in the prep course CMA will send you login details and course details prior to the schedule prep course start date.
Learners have two attempts to pass the final exam. Should they not pass after 2 attempts they are encouraged to contact CMA.
You would need a minimum of 50 % on the final exam, and an overall grade of 60% to pass the course.
The modules do not have to be done in any specific order. We do recommend that you complete the modules sequentially, for best result. However, you MUST complete all module quizzes and the final exam.
The prep course will be offered approximated three times a year.
For additional program information and any questions please contact us